This week's super moon has amplified the light into our darkest corners. We've felt it at our physical, emotional and energetic core. I found much solace in Mystic Mamma's wise words which I share here with you to preface this post of how to have healthy discussions moving forward.
"We are being called to come together as a people of a new time, with wise hearts and an inclusive and united vision for the future. Our strength and our unity lies in our diversity.
1. Remember you are love at your core. When we lead with our hearts, we soften in our being and we see more clearly with empathetic eyes.
2. Remember that communicating something difficult can just be a conversation, rather than a confrontation. If you enter a discussion with a sword then you’ll most likely be met with one.
3. Remember to center yourself when you feel uprooted. No doubt you’ll feel the energy rise as you journey into discussion with your uncle who has had one too many ciders. So feel your feet on the floor, feel what you’re seated in and come back into the center of your being. This will give you more capacity to speak from a more integrated, authentic place.
4. Oh and remember to breathe.
5. Remember to be well-informed. Do your homework about the topics you’re passionate about. And for god sakes do not cite Facebook as a reference.
"The aim of argument of or of discussion should not be victory, but progress." ~ Joseph Joubert
6. Remember to be open. Stay open to new ideas. You may have a very interesting and valid viewpoints, but don’t assume you have all the answers.
7. Remember to ask questions. Open to your inner philosopher, engage, rather than defend.
8. Remember to breathe
9. Remember to communicate clearly. (see item 3 & 4)
10. Remember to take progress over victory. Healthy discussions create space for both parties to be expressed. When we are expressed and we feel heard then defense mechanisms release and powers the brain into a more positive mindset.
All of this will help us gain clarity, broaden our perspectives and provide more bandwidth for what is needed moving forward.