Many of you might be feeling a little bugged out right about now. Don't worry, you're not going crazy, it's just the full moon phase rapidly approaching, tomorrow at 11:35a.m. PST to be exact. I don't know about you, but over the past three days, I've just wanted to sit on a beach and go catatonic in front of the waves. Go figure, because this is also the first of 3 "Super Moons" making it closer to the earth and causing tides to be much higher than normal. In this Special Emergency Post I'm including some coping techniques and clips of what astrologers are saying about this very powerful full moon.
How to cope:
1. Know this will pass: It's often helpful to know that the way we're feeling is due to something higher beyond our control. Whatever emotional or physical discomfort you're feeling, keep repeating the mantra "this phase will pass".
2. Create quiet time: Anytime we're feeling untethered, it's best to clear your to-do list and power-down. As you'll read below, this is a time to organize internally rather than our external environment. To do this we need to be quiet.
3. Eat Cleanly & Eat Ice Cream: I never crave ice cream, but for some reason I've been wanting it the past few days. When we get energetically upgraded, it can cause stress to the body + the daily stress we place on ourselves. It's all about balance, have your green juice in the morning, eat clean, healthy salads, light protein and if you're craving something particular, it's your body saying it's wiser than you. Surrender, but don't overdo it.
4.Got Reiki? If you have a Reiki practice, put hands on yourself, everywhere and often. It seems like the Reiki energy is uber-strong right now, so just a little buzz will do ya! If you don't have a Reiki practice, come see me!
5. Sleep in: Every full moon I wake up at 2am with what feels like a mariachi band playing in my head. I'm restless, I'm hot and so sensitive to other energies, that I often have to ditch my darling man and sleep on the sofa. It impacts my 5am wakeup, so I give myself permission to sleep in. If you have trouble sleeping, you can also try my Mindful Rest meditation which helps you reconnect to your center and fall back to sleep more easily.
6. Be in nature: The best & fastest way to ground yourself is being in nature. Find some this weekend and sit on it. You can also read my last post, about how to stay grounded in the city.
Full Moon Happenings
"The theme of this full moon is FAITH and TRUST. What are you doing to deepen your spiritual practice and anchor a greater faith and trust in spirit? This is an important full moon as what you do with it has the potential to set you up either really well or not so well for some of the influences of the next few months.
It's also Venus Retrograde....
"Venus retrograde wants to give you time to reflect on what you have NOW that you appreciate, love and desire. That’s why trying new people, new things and new pleasures may not be as satisfying during this period. The tried and true, the old and worn, the friends from the past and the known pleasures and treasures are calling out for time and attention. As we reflect on what we love and value, it may come to pass that something is missing, or something has been forgotten. That’s where REcovering comes into play as Venus Retrograde can be an optimal cycle to REmember and REconnect with old pleasures and REvision possible new pleasures to experience in the future." ~Fern Feto Spring, WiseStars
And don't forget the Solar Flares!
Yes, they are really a 'thing'. Today's SpaceWeather page for Friday 8/28/15 reports G1 & G2 Geomagnetic Storms and X-Flares affecting migratory animals, people and powersystems.
"I have noticed in my own research that solar activity is known to affect human consciousness. Solar flares affect the Central Nervous System (stomach lining), all brain activity (including equilibrium), along with human behaviour and all psycho-physiological (mental-emotional-physical) response. Solar flares can cause us to be nervous, anxiousness, worrisome, jittery, dizzy, shaky, irritable, lethargic, exhausted, have short term memory problems and heart palpitations, nauseous, queasy, and to have prolonged head pressure and headaches." ~ The Carlini Institute
I hope this helps to explain the 'why' of you feeling out of sorts. Please take a moment to share this with others so they can understand too. I'm off to the beach and going to buy some ice cream!